Voice Dialling with Parrot CK3100

Last Updated:

1. hamacting

hamacting Active Member This Topic's Starter

I wonder if I am doing something stoopid here with my new HTC Desire (on Orange UK)

The phone is successfully connected via Bluetooth to the Parrt car kit.

What I used to do with my Nokias was click the green button on the car kit, say the name of the person I want to call and then the phone would call that person.

That doesn't seem to work with the Desire. Nothing happens when I click the green button on the car kit.

Any clues as to how to make this happen on the car kit?

(Once a call is established by dialling, the car kit works properly. But dialling the number on my phone is illegal...)

regards,
    /alan

Advertisement
  2. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Bluetooth voice dialing is not currently supported.

3. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

This is a real issue that HTC/Android need to sort out quick.

I raised a tech support ticket with HTC and basically they have no solution.

4. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

I will admit, it is annoying and it's not something you'd readily ask about when getting the phone (as it is such a standard feature on most phones). Luckily I'd seen the reviews and expected it.

Google search via bluetooth would do it, with some some modifications.

5. hamacting

hamacting Active Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... that came as a surprise to me.

Seems to me that it's something that is a basic phone feature... something so basic I wouldn't have considered even checking for it. V disappointing.

Oh well, such is life.

regards,
    /alan

6. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

We can all hope it will be a feature included in the next update of Android, expected this year.

The two recurring issues people seem to have with the phone is this and apps storage on the flash card. Google would be silly not to do something about it.

7. danmiddle2

danmiddle2 New Member

The CK3100 has voice dialling itself. I know it's less than ideal, but I am in the same position and I have started to use the Parrot voice dialling instead of the handset voice dialling. It works

8. Jim99

Jim99 New Member

Hi danmiddle, I had the same problem and got around it by downloading Vlingo. It fills the gap very well and offers a good handsfree bluetooth connection to the parrot until the next Android update.
    Jim99

9. Yathushan

Yathushan Well-Known Member

Guys just wanted to ask. Is it possible to play music from my phone to the car system using parrot?

10. PeeBee

PeeBee New Member

Isn't it a relief, and a frustration, when you realise it isn't you doing something 'stoopid' but the manufacturers!

This hasn't been fixed in v.2.2 of Android and neither have Parrot dealt with it. I had a Bury loose kit and HTC Desire worked fine with that so although it seems HTC/Android may be deficient so are Parrot.

Fingers crossed for a fix in v2.3 but I'm not holding my breath...

11. Aust

Aust New Member

12. diverbug

diverbug New Member

seems something rather basic and a safety issue: the simplest cell phone can do it, iphone can do it, but the android phone will not pair. V-lingo seems to work but I don't have a data plan so that is out. No answer, just annoyed.

13. mattpmoto

mattpmoto New Member

Don't know if this counts now but since I rooted my Desire and reflashed it with Gingervillian a few weeks back the voice dialling feature now works with my Parrot 3100 kit! It also runs a lot better too as I used to have issues with the bluetooth volume getting stuck too low (when it wasn't) which meant I had to turn it all the way down then all the way back up again. That fault has gone now. The whole system is louder now as well. I can't stress how much better the phone has been since rooting and flashing.