voice dictation software nexus 7?General

1. stargirl29

stargirl29 Well-Known Member

just wondering what's the best voice to text dictation software for nexus 7? i tried simple notepad but it only got about 70% of the words right.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lynnwilliam

lynnwilliam Well-Known Member

ShoutOUT - Speech-to-Text.
  3. stargirl29

so far my google searches have only produced a messsging app called shout out. i want it for writing files not messaging
  4. youngSWi

youngSWi Well-Known Member

I use iota+ text editor with the speech plugin. Both free on the market and works great. On my evo v, btw.
  5. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

whats wrong with Google? I use it in place of typing. It gets long sentences correct most of the time. Bring up the keyboard, hit the "Mic" and talk away...
  6. stargirl29

but what word processor do you use for that?
  7. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

?? whatever floats your boat. You are asking a question not relevant to the original question about voice dictation. You can use google to transcribe anywhere you use a keyboard!
  8. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Anywhere you want to type really. If you're looking to make notes for yourself, you can try opening Google Now and say "Google, note to self: bla" you'll get your transcript mailed and the recording attached.
    Or just use something dead simple like color note and use the keyboard for voice dictation.