Voice distortionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Hoya94

Hoya94 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums and I've had my Evo for a month. I love it and my friends with iPhone have great phone envy. LOL! I haven't had any problems with my phone until today when my aunt called and said my voice sounded like a man. She was so freaked out she hung up on me, thinking I was kidnapped or that my phone was stolen. Anyway, after finally convincing her I was me and we talked, I turned off my phone, waited about 3 minutes and turned it back on. The voice distortion seemed to end and my normal voice is back. Now I checked my privacy settings and it was unchecked, so i know is not that, but what could have caused it? Have any of you had that happen? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hoya

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

were u using the Bluff My Call app?

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

You were using one of those voice disguising machines like in True Lies?

seriously though, it could have been just a fluke bad connection. Call some friends and see if they can confirm the distortion.

4. Hoya94

No. I wasn't using any voice distortion app, that's why it was so weird. It's working fine now, but I'm still baffled as to how it happened in the first place.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Stuff like this happens on every cell phone. It's just a bad connection. It happens here and there.

6. Hoya94

Good. I was worried that I would have to return my Evo. With the short to almost non-existent supplies, I'd rather sound like a man than part with my Evo!