• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice echo. Anyone else getting this?

nezero at xda-developers has written an app that can switch off the Noise Cancellation function of the phone altogether - thus permanently eliminating the voice echo on the other end. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1938424

Click the link in the post, download the app as an .apk and install directly on your phone. (Firstly, you need to enable installation of non-market apps on your device.)

App was written for the SGS2 GT-I9100, but tested & working on my Samsung Galaxy S2 4G (Telstra - Australia) 'Celox' GT-I9210T.

Upvote 0
To all,
I am also having "echo" problems with all my calls on `the other` end with a brand new (~1 week old) Samsung Galaxy S5 w/Verizon. Even the rep at the Verizon store, with whom I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S3, acknowledged he had the echo "...a little bit...". I tried de-selecting Noise Reduction and Voice Privacy with no effect. Even a call from this phone to a land line, recipient had the echo on their land line phone. No known problem with the Samsung Galaxy S3. I liked it enough to want to upgrade. It seems that the problem is more pronounced on long distance calls. I plan on taking it back to the store for a "fix" to mine or a replacement. This problem is VERY real to the point that it's UNUSABLE for long distances. Date: 29-July-2014.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones