• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Mail Notifications - Optimus V

Is there anything weird with voicemail notifications on the Optimus V? I haven't got a voicemail yet but I have been reading some reports that there is NO notification? Just curious before I actually try and test it myself.

The phone displays a voicemail icon in the status bar when you have new voicemail. It will also sound an assigned ringer type if desired.

Voicemail
Voicemail Notification
There are several ways your device alerts you to a new
􀁳􀀀By displaying a notification in the Status Bar.

From the user's manual, page 161.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/lgoptimusv.pdf

Upvote 0
I just received my phone last week. I'm trying to learn how to use it slowly and painfully. When I receive a voice mail and/or e-mail there is a ringtone and the icons show up for a second in the notification bar and then disappear. If I don't hear the tone, I have no idea if I have any e-mail or voice mail. The text icon shows up when I receive a text, though.

And one more thing. I have a very limited number of talk minutes on my plan. I was reading on-line that everyone on this plan uses Google voice to place their calls. I've been trying to set it up with no luck. Of course, I have very little idea what I'm doing. Could someone please come to my house and program my phone to include everything I could possibly want, explain it all to me and then leave?

Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones