Voice not working in Google MapsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Matt43

Matt43 Well-Known Member

I regularly use Google Maps when walking around central London and found the turn-by-turn voice prompts really useful (and I'm not too bothered about the strange female voice!).

However just recently the voice has disappeared altogether, though all the other functions work as normal.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Try redownloading "Voice Search" from the Market.
  3. Matt43

Matt43 Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem to be an issue. Voice search is working fine. There's no problem with me talking to the phone ... it's the phone talking to me that has stopped working - as in the "turn by turn" directions for navigation.
  4. Z3US

Z3US Well-Known Member

may be u have disabled any options in your settings.just chk!!
  5. Matt43

Matt43 Well-Known Member

My version of Google Maps doesn't have "Settings" as an option. Any other ideas anyone????
  6. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I assume your navigation volume is not mute? (and that would be in the Navigation app)
  7. Matt43

Matt43 Well-Known Member

I appear to have overcome this problem by some strange coincidence. I've got "Google Maps" and "Navigation" on my phone. Google maps used to have voice commands (which has stopped working hence this thread). Navigation has always worked fine but only for driving. No good for walking (it won't let you go the wrong way down a one-way street for example). However it now seems to have acquired an option for "walking" which wasn't shown before.

But it is now. And it works. Problem solved!!

Thanks to all those who contributed.