Voice Quality when Volume Up? Visual Voicemail Awful Quality?Support

Last Updated:

1. drbunda

drbunda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sort of two things which might be related. I've been having call quality issues with this phone since I got it. I though it sounded very electronic and could hardly stay on the phone. Took it to a Sprint store and they did a soft reset and said they couldn't duplicate the issue. Hmmm...

I made some calls, some said it sounded better. As long as I have the volumn turned down it seems to be okay. But then it's hard to hear what they are saying. If I turn up the volume it sounds like someone is yelling too loudly too close to a microphone. Like bad speakers rattleing or something (especially with "s" sounds).

On my heaset which was $100 and worked SO WELL on my old phone (people couldn't even tell I was on a headset) the person on the other side either says it's "okay" or says they can definitely tell I'm distant, to one friend saying it was "awful." WTF?????

When listening to Visual VoiceMail it's awful sound, regardless of the volume.

Is anyone else experiencing this?? Want to try to get a new phone, but then worried I'll have one of the other issues everyone else is having (wifi or gps or whatever).

Any ideas, thoughts, others experiencing this? I am seriously losing sleep over this.

Advertisement
  2. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Found this thread in a search. My phone also has TERRIBLE sound quality in Visual Voicemail. What's up with that?? My Instinct (same brand phone) was perfect. I can't believe this one slipped through QC!

3. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

You're talking about two different things, mic and speaker quality. I returned my first phone because of lousy mic quality. People had a hard time hearing me, and voice memos left on phone with Voice Recorder sounded like crap, with too much emphasis on S's. Visual voice mail for the most part has been fine, with the exception of a few messages which I couldn't hear because of low volume, even though the volume was turned all the way up. This may have had something to do with the callers mic or phone though. I'd say you might have a lousy speaker in your phone, if I was you, I'd return it for another. Although like you said, you may end up with other issues.

4. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

I've had a couple messages like that, too, where you can't hear anything.

5. drbunda

drbunda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh...I was just starting to think I would just keep the phone and suck it up but now I think I might need to return it and risk having other issues.