Voice Recognition on X10General

Is Voice recognition usable on your X10?

1. Voice Recogniton works

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Voice Recognition is unusable

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Voice recognition works somewhat

2 vote(s)
    33.3%

Last Updated:

1. Koyanishi

Koyanishi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have done some research on Google for voice recognition on the X10 and it seems that some people do not experience any problem with voice recognition.

But on my X10i it is not working. If I try voice dialing the phone does not come even close to understanding what I said.

I downloaded VoiceSearch_1.5.apk to install voice search on all search applications and it works a little better than the native voice dialing app, but still it is unusable because of its inaccuracy.

Also, I downloaded voicesearch.apk, but this last will not install to the X10.

If you do have a good or bad experience with voice recognition on the X10 could you please reply to this post

Advertisement
  2. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

I didn't have the capability to do voice search until I installed the VoiceSearch_1.5.apk, and now it works great and completely understands me.

3. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

Where can we find this VoiceSearch app ?

4. Master_Ken

Master_Ken New Member

VoiceSearch_1.5.apk

I've just downloaded it and now have to find away to install it.. any help on this guy's N gall's

5. Koyanishi

Koyanishi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Very simple.

Copy the 1.5.apk to your sd card, then find it on your sd card by using a file manager such as Astro or OI File Manager and click on it and you are done.

btw, before you can install it you need to go to settings/applications and then check unknown sources