Voice recorderGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-06 06:38:26
  1. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Is there a voice recorder on rmhd anywhere? If not is there an app that will make voice notes that you can text? Apps Ive looked at are not capable of texting, some will email but that sucks. I miss this on my bberry!!

Advertisement
  2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Easy Voice Recorder in the Play Store.
  3. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

I use Tape-a-Talk (free version) for my voice recorder. Not sure if the paid version send texts from voice.

Why not simply open your text message app, select a recipient, tap the microphone icon, speak your message and hit send?

Alternatively, you can send texts via voice by using Google Voice Commands, built into the phone. Say, "Send text budfox66". Phone responds, "opening text message". Then you have to press the microphone icon and speak your message, then press send.
  4. budfox66

That I do too. But what if I want to text mommy a happy bday from the kids, or a fart to one of my golfing buddies. There is no substitute.
  5. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

LOL. I guess you have to use a voice recorder app, record the audio you want, then attach it to a text message.
  6. budfox66

I will try this to see if it works, but I've read that these files are not text friendly. I will report back soon.
  7. Ag76

Ag76 Well-Known Member

I recently downloaded the "Smart Voice Recorder" app, and it looks like you can share voice recordings, including via texts. I made a recording and then selected the option to share via a text. It opened the text application and I could see the recording attached. Didn't send it to anyone, but it looks like it should work.
  8. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member

Use Talking Tom if you really want to make someone laugh! :p
  9. budfox66

smart voice recorder app does work! i recorded a file and texted it successfully to myself.
  10. Ag76

Ag76 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it works for you.