Voice Search CommandsTips

Last Updated:

1. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of the great features of the the 4th soft button is to hold it down to bring up the voice search prompt. A this prompt there are several commands that are extremely helpful, such as:

"Navigate to <place>" opens Google Navigation and gives you directions to <place>

"Call <contact> work/home/etc" will call that contact. (Is there a way to set a default so that you can just say "Call <contact>" and it automatically calls that person's cell/home/work?)

"Locate.../Map of.../Find..." will all open and search google maps.

"Driections to <place>" will open google maps and give you directions to <place>

"Look up <place/thing/etc>" will do a google search

What are some other voice search commands?

Advertisement
    Klaskimo likes this.
  2. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the exact same thing. I'm also interested to see if it could open messages, etc. I know that if you use Voice Dial instead of voice search you have a couple of more options, but voice dial doesn't seem to be accurate at all when you speak compared to voice search.

3. Jusjun

Jusjun Active Member

Very neat feature indeed, I've been using Vlingo instead from the marketplace. It seems to be way more accurate and it can type long text messages for me, comes in handy when driving.

4. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

generic stuff like "Chinese food" or "McDonalds" returns Google and map directions. You can add "...in LOCATION" for the result in a certain town or city.