Voice Search icon missing in 2.1 (x10a rodgers)General

Last Updated:

1. ChrisMCP

ChrisMCP New Member This Topic's Starter

I see in some videos the google search bar in 2.1 is suppsoed to to have the little microphone icon to activate voice search. I flashed 2.1 rodgers firmare onto my x10a and when the phone boots I can see the icon for a few seconds then it deisapears!! :eek: Anyone else with the same problem? Was it something taken out by rodgers in their version of firmware?

sample of how the bar is supposed to look like

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

It's location and carrier sensitive. Some places have it some places don't - guessing Roger's is one that doesn't.

3. Joefloater

Joefloater Active Member

Don,t bother with it, it pales in comparison to Vlingo which is a free voice search app in the market. Vlingo also has an in car feature that make the phone totally handsfree for calls, texts and google searches. Also reads all incoming texts and emails.:D

4. ryno1974

ryno1974 Well-Known Member

But when you turn the in car on in vlingo with your bluetooth you cant voice dial. If you aren't driving, you don't need to voice dial. Since voice dialing over blue tooth is not available in 2.1, vlingo is at best a cute little toy. It is quite useless.

rogers had Google voice activated on my x10 when we had 1.6 - now its gone.

Not sure why I am bothering though, as eery voice dial app for the x10 has been complete garbage. Still holding out hope that I will find something that will work though.