1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Voice Search not working as expected/Not same as Motorola DroidSupport

1. packetdog

packetdog New Member

Hello everyone,

I have recently purchased a Samsung Mesmerize, and I'm having issues with the Voice Search function. I am unable to use it to call contacts, or call local businesses as I can on my Motorola Droid. Let me give you some examples:

<Press Voice Search App, wait for prompt> say Call Nancy Waters Mobile
    (This calls contact Nancy Waters at the Mobile #)

<Press Voice Search App, wait for prompt> say Call Best Buy Janesville Wisconsin
    (This Google Searches the Number for Best Buy in Janesville, WI, and Displays it, and calls it automatically.)

<Press Voice Search App, wait for prompt> say Call Voicemail
    (obviously, this dials voicemail)

All of these work flawlessly on the Droid. On the Mesmerize, all of the spoken words are entered into a Google Search. It literally says, "Call Nancy Waters Mobile" in the browser w/ Google Search results.

I've verified the Settings > Search > Searchable Items dialog, all are checked. One note: the Web checkbox that I have on the Droid is not present on the Mesmerize. Clearly Voice Search DOES search the web since no matter what I say gets correctly recognized and websearched. I'm not sure what else to do to rectify this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    -pd

Advertisement
    :
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

If you find an answer to this, let me know.

It does not work on my Droid X or my wife's Droid Incredible. Never has, even after the recent updates.
  3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I just tested it on mine, using both the quick search button on the phone, and accessing the app through the app menu.

It worked for me both times.