!@#$ voice search "server problem"Support

Last Updated:

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

For anyone getting "server problem" when attempting a voice search with 2.1, it appears to be a issue with random existing gmail accounts. This feature never worked for me with the 2.1 beta. When I flashed the release, I tried every one of my 6 existing gmail accounts with no love, then I created a new account on the phone and wahlaa voice search works.:) Now all I have to do is export my contacts and calender to the new account and contact beyondpods author to get a new key.:mad:

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

I spoke (typed) too soon! My best guess now is this issue has to do with the number of contacts. When I created the new account, voice search worked...once. Then I imported my ~2600 contacts. Now I'm back to SERVER PROBLEM! !@#$

I wonder if I could use this to get a early upgrade? Problem is, I really don't want one. This is really a Google problem, and there's no way that I've been able to find to contact Google about it besides posting in their support (bitch) group.

3. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member

Honestly man I wish you luck in an early upgrade. I cant even get sprint to replace my phone even though some of the main features I pay for arent working like picmail. They want me to pay $100 or they wont replace it even though its obviously a defect.

Its unreal just how broken this phone is.

4. thenrik

thenrik Well-Known Member

Hi:

Unfortunately many, many of the problems are Google problems: Can't back up your phone as you can't back up apps, lack of standards, browser limitations etc. Even more unfortunate, you can't contact Google and they don't care about customer service or feedback.

Tom