Voice search to play a certain song or musician

Last Updated:

1. bobfreakinvilla

bobfreakinvilla Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys...new to the forum and looking to help as well as looking for help.

The Google Voice search is really helpful and thus far, I've had success getting Google search results, as well as using it to call contacts, handsfree.

I was wondering if its possible to use it to play music hands free. I see that there is an option for it under searchable items by going to Menu>Search>Searchable Items>Music, but I haven't been able to get any results by saying things like "play artist Radiohead" or just saying "Radiohead". It just brings up web search results.

Anyone know of a way to immediately prompt your music by using Voice Search?

Advertisement
  2. Venom51

Venom51 Active Member

I haven't found any combination that works yet either. This was something I used all the time in WinMo.

3. jcrip

jcrip New Member

I would love this feature also, especially when in car mode, or even the ability to resume playing music when it stops.

4. kcx

kcx Member

I have to think we are just doing it wrong. They show this feature in one of the commercials. In a similar vein, I can use voice search to call a contact and to navigate to an address, but I can use it to navigate to a contact's address.
    Now that a lot of google employees have android phone, hopefully the developers will listen to the complaints they get.