voice search

Last Updated:

1. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since I rooted I can no longer use any voice search on my droid. It always tells me that its has to force close as soon as I click on the icon. Is this a known issue with bugless beast 1.2 that I just have to deal with? I love having my phone rooted but id rather have a fully functioning phone that a rooted phone....

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

May be an issue with that version but I doubt it. Back up your apps, boot into recovery, make a nandroid backup of your current rom, wipe data and then reinstall a fresh copy of the rom (not your backup). That should fix the problem (assuming it isn't a known issue with your ROM.

Honestly, that ROM you are using is a little outdated...might want to upgrade to a new ROM while you at it ;)

3. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I have been wanting to switch roms to try something different... I guess that leads me to my next question... do I just put the new rom update.zip file into my nandroid folder and do a nandroid backup?

4. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

NP. I wish I could give you an easy answer here...but I can't.

There are several different ROMs available. For some ROMs, there are more than one option to install.

Each ROM has a specific 1 or 2 ways of installing it. When you decide what ROM you want to run...check out the installation instructions on the Developer's thread. It will tell you exactly what to do to install their ROM.