voice text sucks on epic?Support

Last Updated:

1. robl45

robl45 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so my friend has the droid2 and can literally speak in full text messages and have it understand accurately what he is saying. I try it on mine and i'm lucky if it understand 30% of the time. I watched him speak to his and then to mine and his was perfect and the epic sucks. is this something that is better in 2.2 like he has or another flaw in the epic?

Advertisement
  2. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

Im not having any issues with it. the text shows up fine when I talk into it.

Not sure whats going on with yours...

3. robl45

maybe I should try it on my wifes. maybe you just don't notice it. my friend can talk full conversations into his droid2, he did the same thing with the epic and got network error. we text all day and he does voicetext the whole time. I couldn't do that to save my life on this thing. considering mine doesn't seem to have the gps flaw, I'd doubt it was my phone.

4. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Same issues, although I say it gets it right maybe 40 to 50% of the time. Still sucks though. I bet 2.2 will improve this function.

5. robl45

possibly I guess, thats what I'm trying to figure out, whether its hardware related or software related.

6. docswee

docswee New Member

My Epic won't text with Voice Search at all! It hears me perfectly but puts what I've said in a Google search window. Any hints? I tried to download a new version from Market but when I search for it.....I can't find it. Even the link from Google takes me to Market and then to unrelated apps.

Any advice would be appreciated. My hubby has an LG Optimus that texts from his voice using this app and I'm COVETING his phone.

Thanks!

7. fiendslyr

fiendslyr Member

You aren't supposed to text with voice search. You search google with voice search. If you want to voice text, open the on screen keyboard when in a text thread and click the microphone button on the lower left, then speak.

8. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

I'd say I have about a 90% success rate using voice to text, after doing a hard reset. Apparently something was screwed up.

9. docswee

docswee New Member

fiendslyr: THANK YOU!!!!!!! I use the slide out keyboard which doesn't have the microphone. I never noticed it the few times I used the screen keyboard.

You made my day!

10. fiendslyr

fiendslyr Member

You are quite welcome!