Voice to text freezesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Miker

Miker Member This Topic's Starter

After some hours of being on/being used/whatever, my Droid X occasionally freezes when I press the voice-to-text button on the Swype keyboard, as well as the same button on the search widget (basically anything that uses the voice-to-text service). The rotating symbol is shown on the screen, but it's frozen, and so is the rest of my phone unless I hit home. I don't have a task manager running, and restarting the phone allows me to use voice-to-text again. Does anybody else have this problem? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Miker

Miker Member This Topic's Starter

does anybody else have this problem?

3. berysax

berysax New Member

I've had this happen just recently. I reset my phone and used an app killer for extra processes and it seems fine so far.

4. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Mine has been working fine. If only it could recognized a southern accent I will be golden. I have notice if you let the screen timeout and open it back up the voice app will quit.

5. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

I have this happen quite frequently if I haven't rebooted the phone recently. It happens with handcent and the normal messaging app. Rebooting seems to fix.

6. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

This recently happened to me as well. Next time I will try to reboot. I will test the screen timeout thing too.

7. Mikooster

Mikooster Active Member

This happens to me a lot as well. On the search widget and on Swype, but not on the multi-touch keyboard.

It freezes almost every time I use it to the point where it's unusable to me. Anyone have a fix at this point?

Rebooting fixes it temporarily, but it starts up again soon so that's pointless.

8. xraymo3

xraymo3 Member

I too have this issue

9. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member

Have had it happen a couple of times but it hasn't done it in the past week or so, and I use it a lot when texting. Just a small bug that rears its head every once in a while. Maybe Froyo will take care of it. :D