Voice to text unresponsiveSupport

Last Updated:

1. QDTphotog

QDTphotog Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having this problem with voice to text: when I click on the microphone icon on the Swype keyboard, the phone locks up with the rotating graphic frozen in the center. The keyboard also becomes unresponsive and I can only press the Home key to return to the Home screen. I switched back to the multi-touch keyboard and the voice to text worked just fine. Does anybody have the same problem or have any tips for fixing this? I really prefer the Swype keyboard but will have to stop using it if the voice part doesn't work. Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. QDTphotog

So... nobody has this problem? Anyone?

3. cryptosporidia

cryptosporidia Member

Does the same thing for me when I use Swype. Not every time, but enough that I usually don't try it any more. I do love Swype and I hope this gets fixed with a new update.

4. j-representer

j-representer Member

You should try vlingo! It is awesome! You can use the widget right off the home screen or set it up as your keyboard. It works better than the google voice app even with 2.2 froyo!

5. QDTphotog

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried vlingo and liked the voice command part, but it doesn't do swiping like Swype.