1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Voice using SMS (HTC Aria on ATT) and being charged.

Last Updated:

1. sluzi26

sluzi26 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to preface this by saying that I've done tons of looking around on various forums to ensure that my settings are right and I shouldn't be getting charged, but I am.

On the Google Voice Website:

No SMS forwarding of voicemails
    No Texting in the 'phone' settings of my mobile number
    No text forwarding to e-mail

Essentially I have turned off all the texting options in the voice settings. I am not receiving any SMS outside of those on my GV Number, which is now prominently listed all over my ATT bill as having received and sent multiple messages the last few days with my Google Voice number being listed as the 'to/from'.

Edit: I should also note that I am only using the official Google Voice App for SMS from my GV Number.

I'm open to any suggestions here because I must be missing something.

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

FYI -- the "Receive text messages..." checkbox under Settings->Phones(Edit) is for SMS forwarding.

I'm betting you've checked this but since your descriptions are vague, can you confirm that you also unchecked "Send a text (SMS) message to:" for your phone under Settings->Voicemail & Text?

Those should be the only settings involving SMS forwarding and notifications from GV, IIRC.

3. sluzi26

sluzi26 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah the options are unchecked. Nothing should be getting forwarded and I'm not receiving any notifications outside of those from GV itself.