1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Voicemail alert?

1. krikey

krikey Member

So I'm fairly new to this phone and I finally setup voicemail. It works fine however there is no alert that I have a voicemail. I end up having to guess whether I have one, in which I check by holding down 1 on the keypad and entering my password. Is there a way to get an alert when I have a voicemail so I don't have to keep checking? And if so how?

Advertisement
  2. angel71rs

angel71rs Active Member

Mine will have a voicemail notification on the status bar. Maybe cause I keep my data on? The Flash Notifier app lets me know I missed a call, so I check the status bar to see if a message was left.
    krikey likes this.
  3. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

I keep data off, and I still get a notification right away. I am using Google Voice for my voicemail. Maybe try that. I get notified instantly!
    krikey likes this.
  4. krikey

krikey Member

Is there a way I can use google voice with my current phone number?
  5. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't remember the setup process, but that is what I am doing.