Voicemail appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ferret

Ferret Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, Group...what are the application names for the Voicemail function in DE03? (i seem to have deleted them...since I no longer have a Voicemail icon available)
    And...umm...:eek:...where do I put them?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

cm-android.apk is the visual voicemail app. it is found in /system/app/ by default . If you unistalled it you would have to allow for installation of unknown sources menu>settings>applications and run the .apk with a file system app. You would need root access and some kind of shell (or app that can remount /system/app) as r/w to put it back tho. i would assume you already have this available if you managed to delete it in the first place.

Ferret likes this.
  3. Ferret

Okay...found it...but Root Explorer won't Copy/Paste....and installing the App from the SDcard's location failed (and yes, I have the "unverified apps" checked.)
    Any suggestions on how to get the damm thing *off* the SDcard, and *into* the System folder?
    (BTW...what i screwed up was choosing to remove it when I used joey's Updater to go to DE03...)

4. Ferret

Nevermind...i figgered it out (long-press the App...and you have the option to Copy/Paste)
    Thanks again!

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

No problem

6. Ferret

*sighs*...i've lost my Voicemail *again*....but i don't think i did anything wrong this time... i'm running RA Froyo V22... It was working...and then it just *stopped*...my VM icon says "Could not launch the requested activity."
    So...i tried copying my Backup cm-android.apk to the System/Apps, and Installing (and yes, i've set the System folder to R/W)....but first it tells me that i'm installing over another version...and then it warns me "Application not installed"
    I've extracted the files to my SDcard....can i manually install them...and if-so...where do the individual files go?
    Or, alternatively...does anyone *else* have this issue...or a solution?