Voicemail contains calls that aren't in call history?General

Last Updated:

1. AcmeData

AcmeData Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if it's a feature or a bug...but here's the scenario. How is it possible for a call to be in voicemail but not show up in the call history?

Advertisement
  2. dcfan99

dcfan99 Well-Known Member

If your phone is off, or you are out of range or have signal issues that keep your phone from actually ringing then the call will not appear in call history.

3. LED

LED Well-Known Member

or you cleared your history after the call came in... yeah I know you probably didn't do that, but you did ask how it was possible.

4. TheDanimal

TheDanimal Well-Known Member

Or if your phone did not respond to the network page when a call came in and it routed to voicemail.

5. LyndaM

LyndaM Active Member

I have the same situation with my phone--and it is not a result of clearing history.

6. AcmeData

AcmeData Member This Topic's Starter

Here's why it's frustrating: Caller A leaves important voicemail when Eris is off (or in bad signal area...much of the time for me on a hill across the lake from Seattle! go figure).

Eris is now on (with no notification of any voicemail from A) and rings with Caller B on the line; since I know who B is, and that B's call is not important, I let it go to voicemail. Then I clear away notification of missed call from B and go to Properties>Call>Remove Voicemail to clear the remaining notification icon.

When I eventually (perhaps days later) listen to voicemail to erase B's message up pops A's important voicemail that has been totally hidden.

This simply doesn't seem right! I've had the Eris since November and it's a pretty nifty little PDA/computer...but it kinda sucks as a phone! Don't get me started with the dialer lag.

7. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

How is that not right? That is clearly a user error... Your voicemail notification should come up when you turn your phone on (or at least soon after). But why clear the voicemail notification anyway if you haven't listened to it? It's just a reminder that you have an unheard voicemail... I don't understand your complaint :confused: