Voicemail greeting off-and-on?Support

Last Updated:

1. lgmayka

lgmayka Active Member This Topic's Starter

A friend recently got a new Samsung Moment. Since then, he reports that callers sometimes get his personal voicemail greeting, but sometimes just get a vanilla greeting with the phone number, or perhaps an inability to leave a message at all. We're trying to figure out why.

1) Could it be related to the fact that the Samsung Moment has Visual Voicemail? My friend doesn't use the Visual Voicemail program on the phone (yet), but rather dials 1, just as he used to, to both set his greeting and hear his messages. My understanding, however, is that he was switched to a Visual Voicemail-capable server anyway.

2) Could it be related to roaming? I wonder whether his new job is in an area with poor Sprint service, where his phone is often going into roaming. This would also explain why his battery is not lasting the full (overtime) workday.

EDIT: I just forced my own Touch Pro 2 into roaming, and yet when I called it from a landline, I still got my personalized voicemail greeting. So I don't think that's the problem.

3) Could the separate server used for Visual Voicemail be downright flaky, constantly flopping up and down, or perhaps over-busy? Wouldn't other customers of that server complain if so?

Advertisement
  2. lgmayka

lgmayka Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible that he is roaming on a carrier that is unable to connect to Sprint's Visual Voicemail server? Perhaps some non-Sprint carriers can do so, and others cannot?

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Strange, sounds like a network issue.