VoiceMail helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Well... I'm on cm10 so my voicemail is now through sprint instead of boost. Now when someone sends me a voicemail, I get two texts from 9016. Its sprint telling me that I have a voicemail to listen to. I had visual voicemail app from ICS that I restored to cm10 with titanium backup, but I disabled it hoping that that would somehow stop the text messages. I still get them and it sucks.

Not to mention I don't really like voicemail anyway. Is there any way to disable VM all together? That would be trick.

I'm waiting to hit that THANKS button to whoever can lend me a hand. Thx

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

well the phone is on a sprint network. the 9016 texts come from the carrier which is part of the visual voice mail thing. if you don't like visual voice mail (and how could you not like it?!) you could use a call/sms blocking app to zot the texts so they don't bother you.

3. usmc3891

usmc3891 Member

Is there any way you can post the stock visual voicemail apk? I can't seem to find it in my titanium backup and I'd love to go back to aokp build 4. I have to have visual vm specifically for the save to sd option due to my oh so wonderful divorce and psychotic ex lol.
  4. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

If the texts at from VVM, why am I still getting them if I deleted the app? And I really don't like visual voicemail to be honost. Is there no cool way to disable voicemail altogether?
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

The texts are from the carrier and not the visual voice mail app. visual voice mail is standard on the SGS2 with boost. when you get a voice mail a text from the carrier is sent to you. You can block the texts easy enough with a call/sms blocker (I have one and had to add 9016 to my contacts to get past my blocking app)