Voicemail icon won't go awayGeneral

Last Updated: 2015-03-03 20:47:20
  1. tonynmi

tonynmi New Member

I've tried to find this before posting but all suggestions have not worked for the LG Marquee. The voicemail indicator will not disappear from the status bar. I've tried rebooting, removing the battery all to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this before?

Advertisement
  2. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

Call yourself from another phone and leave yourself a short message. Then go into your voicemail and listen to and delete the message you left yourself and the problem will be resolved. Good luck.
    Stuart P, Galloway Six and mdamm like this.
  3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

I can confirm this will work. :thumbup: The key is waiting until the notification clears after you delete the voice mail (before you hang up)

If you delete the vm, then hang up immediately, the phone doesn't receive the signal that you have no voicemail. Then when you call back to try and clear it, there isn't a voicemail to delete, so it can't send the signal to dismiss the notification.
  4. mdamm

mdamm Member

I use google voice, but somehow this has slipped into verizons voicemail. I went into google voice and turned it off. *73 send. Then I called my # from another phone and left a message. Now the indicator said I had 2. I then called *86 and deleted both messages.

Problem solved. I then re-activated my google voice voicemail.

Thanks a lot for the simple solution.
    lhwilson likes this.
  5. bfldworker

bfldworker Well-Known Member

Any advice for someone who has the same problem. But the phone is turned off due to moving to a better carrier?
  6. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

Try a hard reset
  7. Jwill1983

Jwill1983 New Member

This worked perfectly.
  8. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

You can just send yourself a voicemail from your own phone that works too.
  9. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

Some pretty good advice on how to remove the voicemail icon on Android. If leaving yourself a voicemail message and then power cycling doesn
  10. Jackson98

Jackson98 New Member

same prob with Moto E - tried all sorts of solutions - can only fix the problem until there is another VM, then the stubborn icon returns permanently. Why don't Android tekkies just fix it for keeps?
  11. MissyToby

MissyToby New Member

Thank you so much for the useful explanation, I won't make that mistake again :)
  12. MissyToby

MissyToby New Member

Thank you so much @Lordvincent 90 for the explanation! I won't make that mistake again :)
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.