Voicemail is down! Anyone with same problem?Support

1. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

This started a few days ago... When someone tries to leave me a voicemail all they get is a rapid busy signal. I tried checking my voicemail and I get the same thing. My girlfriends phone (identical to mine) is having the same problem. I called VM support and they said they reset my voicemail box...still have the problem. Anyone experiencing this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

Yeah, while back on my gfs phone. I don't remember exactly what needed to be done but virgin fixed the issue after one transfer to escalation :)
  3. pdressley

pdressley New Member

Yup, I have a Samsung Intercept and Virgin Mobile service, and my voicemail is a busy signal on both incoming and outgoing calls. In a word, useless. Has nayone been able to figure it out?
  4. musiciansapp

musiciansapp Well-Known Member

Yep I've had the same problem for awhile and contacted Virgin twice about it and still waiting for a response :/
  5. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

I've been trying a few fixes with not much luck but I had an idea worth sharing... First thing was calling VM, which unless you want to waste an hour and put yourself in a bad mood the rest of the day with the same problem, is not the answer.

I remember when I switched to the EVO from the Triumph my voicemail greeting changed to a sprint voicemail box, so last night I switched back to the Triumph and this morning I had voicemail (the virgin mobile one)! Ok great, now I can wait a day and switch back to the EVO and that might fix the problem... Nope, now my triumph has the busy signal again on voicemail.

So, I had a glimpse of a fix. I'll have to wait until tmrw morning to see if the see if switching back works...if not then another call to VM and try to get this escalated.
  6. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

Swapped back to the EVO and still no voicemail. I updated the evo to harmonia 3.17 in the process. Looks like another call to VM, which in my opinion is a complete waste of time and just re-enforces my urge to bail to another carrier. VM has a serious problem and it needs to be fixed!

I'm rooted and s-off, could this be a problem with VM's new 'system upgrade'? My instincts tell me no, but I have to ask. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  7. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

Well it seems to have fixed itself. I didn't call VM again, I didn't feel like I had the patients. Both my gf's phone and mine have working voicemail again. Must be part of this 'upgrade' VM is doing. In my opinion it's more of a downgrade.
  8. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Does it still say you have called a sprint voicemail?
  9. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

Yes, back to the Sprint voicemail box.
  10. Mtdewd

Mtdewd Member

Yes, back to Sprint voicemail box.