Voicemail not working

1. dany08

dany08 New Member

I have a rooted EVO 4g. I downloaded the stock voice mail application, but it is not working. I get a text message that says [//ANDROID:*@vvm.coremobility.com has send you a sprint voice message. Call 4-8-970-0000 to listen.]

I have the stock sprint visual voicemail, but I can not get it to work. I have emailed the vvm email that some fourms suggest, but my voicemail will just not send the message.

Is there anything I can do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

What ROM are you on?
  3. dany08

dany08 New Member

I am on they Synergy ROM. I got my voicemail to now work, but my 4g is not working. I can not find any place to turn it on and I tried to download a toggle switch but when I tried to use it it said my device does not have 4g.
  4. Rxpert83

Is that the OLD synergy ROM or one of the new 3.5 ROMS?

There is no 4g on any sense 3.5 ROMS
  5. dany08

dany08 New Member

It is 3.5. I really like this ROM. What ROM would you suggest that is similar and that I would be able to use 4g?
  6. MusicJunkie

MusicJunkie Well-Known Member

I'll add something. My voice mail doesn't work anymore. I don't get a notification about it period whenever I get one on the Sprint servers. I don't know what that's about. Maybe because I swap ROMs too much or something? I'm not sure. But all of my ROMs are Sense 1.0 - one 4.54 and the others are 4.67 builds.
  7. Rxpert83

No sense 3.5 ROMS have 4g. The best you can do is a sense 3.0 ROM such as Mik3D, but that will be missing many of the things from sense 3.5

Interesting... you dont even get a text notification?

Have you tried reinstalling a previous version of voicemail either through TB or pulled from a gapps?
  8. MusicJunkie

Not even a text. I'd have to pull it and see if I can push it to my phone from another app. I'm on a 4.54 ROM right now so do you think that if I pulled voicemail from 4.67 it would work?
  9. Rxpert83

I honestly have no clue. We're in unchartered territory here for me as I've never seen this before and I'm just trying to help the best I can till one of the big boys gets here :D

It can't hurt right?
    Granite1 and MusicJunkie like this.
  10. MusicJunkie

LOL okay, I can wait. It's honestly not a problem because (like I've said in other posts) I don't like to talk on the phone and people don't call me for that reason UNLESS it's utterly important lol
  11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I always backed the VVM app up with Titanium Backup from a working rom, then restore the app and data. You need the data or it won't work. This was my work around to get the VVM app to work on AOSP roms. I've never heard of it not working in this situation though. Like RX, I'm stumped. :(

Wait, you could just wipe the dalvik cache and then wipe the cache partition and reflash the rom over itself. As long as you don't wipe the data partition, all of your apps and settings will stay intact.
    MusicJunkie and Rxpert83 like this.
  12. Rxpert83

I know the feeling. Talking on the phone is so overrated

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    MusicJunkie likes this.
  13. MusicJunkie

That definitely is true, but I'm not sure if this ROM has VVM. I can check it out tomorrow.
  14. MusicJunkie

Okay, my phone was charged enough to nandroid, flash the rom over my current setup (w/o wiping data of course), and reflashing the 4.67 stock kernel onto a 4.54 rom like I said in a post I made. My voicemail works again!
    Rxpert83 likes this.