Voicemail notification has stopped working

Last Updated:

1. Faceoff9

Faceoff9 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys and gals,

I received my new Droid recently (yes, for Christmas), everything was working fine - even while using the Open Home feature.

However, some time this past week - or longer - the voice mail notification has stopped working. No blinky light, no icon, nothing. I have tested using the regular Home and the Open Home - same results. Just a missed call notification. Further troubleshooting steps I have taken was just powering off the phone and powering back on. I have also removed the battery for a couple of minutes and replaced, still the same. I have also cleared out all voicemails and left myself a voicemail, still same thing. Only the missed call notification.

I have installed the following applications within the past week...
    Gang Wars
    GeoBeagle
    Jewels
    gStrings (it's a guitar tuner, get your minds out of the gutter...lol)
    Meebo IM
    MyMarket (which I'm uninstalling after this post)
    Mystique
    Texas Hold'em
    Weatherbug Elite
    Robo Defense
    Google Skymaps
    Goggles
    FourSquare
    Fandango
    Flashlight
    Droidlight
    Layar
    PicSay Pro

I could just do a complete wipe and reload to see if that resolves my issue - but my question is, the applications I have paid for, will I have to pay for them again? Or does it keep track of what you purchase?

Any help at all is truly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Call up tech support. This is a backend provisioning issue. I have a similiar issue but I had visual voicemail on my curve before my droid, so when i get voicemails i get a text message from a number like 90389847348 saying vm3vhsfbdghsdfbgjbg whcih means its trying to tell me i have a visual voicemail but its not on anymore.

3. Faceoff9

I guess my next question is - am I calling Verizon tech support? Or the Motorola Droid support?

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Im sorry, Verizon. From what I hear it should be a pretty simple provisioning fix. I havent done it because I have to go through employee accounts and they are a PITA...(I work for VZW)

5. Faceoff9

Ok, very cool. Thanks for all your help Berry - very much appreciated!:D