• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voicemail Notification HTC 2.3 update problem

kermie... found this post and it works:
"After downloading Gingerbread, I had a voicemail notification that wouldn't go away even though I have no new voicemails. I've read that others have had this problem...well, I got rid of it on mine. Simply go into settings, call, settings, and clear voicemail notifications. Its gone! Just figured I'd help out anyone with the same problem."
Wow! Thanks so much. I was very frustrated with my constant VM notification. Kudos :)

Upvote 0
kermie... found this post and it works:
"After downloading Gingerbread, I had a voicemail notification that wouldn't go away even though I have no new voicemails. I've read that others have had this problem...well, I got rid of it on mine. Simply go into settings, call, settings, and clear voicemail notifications. Its gone! Just figured I'd help out anyone with the same problem."

I've tried this and it won't work on my phone b/c the "clear notifications" option is grey (not able to select) so wth am I supposed to do?

Upvote 0
I can't *believe* I'm having the same problem that used to plague my google nexus one, back when it was the hot lick in smartphones...now my google galaxy nexus, which I just *had* to have, and just recently updated to Android 4.2.1, running fairly good in other areas, and no problems with voicemail until today, now has the cursed "New Voicemail Notification!" which just won't go away.

I've done all the things so far recommended...I go to settings/apps/all/phone
and click on 'clear data' and 'force stop' and then do a power off/reboot, and it comes back, and of course, I've already tried all the little obvious things, like letting my messages play thru and endless varieties on that...pulled battery, stuck in a t-mobile sim card--I use ATT now--and then put everything back in....

Nothing works...it's in there good....I'm so tired of this...any ideas?

Thankyou :)

Upvote 0
I can't *believe* I'm having the same problem that used to plague my google nexus one, back when it was the hot lick in smartphones...now my google galaxy nexus, which I just *had* to have, and just recently updated to Android 4.2.1, running fairly good in other areas, and no problems with voicemail until today, now has the cursed "New Voicemail Notification!" which just won't go away.

I've done all the things so far recommended...I go to settings/apps/all/phone
and click on 'clear data' and 'force stop' and then do a power off/reboot, and it comes back, and of course, I've already tried all the little obvious things, like letting my messages play thru and endless varieties on that...pulled battery, stuck in a t-mobile sim card--I use ATT now--and then put everything back in....

Nothing works...it's in there good....I'm so tired of this...any ideas?

Thankyou :)
have you tried calling yourself, leaving yourself a voicemail, then deleting it?

Reactions: duckfeet
Upvote 0
have you tried calling yourself, leaving yourself a voicemail, then deleting it?

Haven't tried that one this time, so I'll give it a shot, then post back, one way or the other...thankyou!

EDIT: That worked! Now I feel like an idiot, as I remember that in old days, when Nexus One would get this same thing, that usually was the way to fix it...glad someone was on the ball today!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Haven't tried that one this time, so I'll give it a shot, then post back, one way or the other...thankyou!

EDIT: That worked! Now I feel like an idiot, as I remember that in old days, when Nexus One would get this same thing, that usually was the way to fix it...glad someone was on the ball today!

Thanks again!
No problemo at all! :) Glad it worked for ya.

Reactions: duckfeet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones