Voicemail Notification ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. pinkie1205

pinkie1205 Member This Topic's Starter

I want to apologize in advance if there is already a thread about this. I tried searching and couldn't find any.

My voicemail notification will not turn off. I deleted the voicemails so I know that there aren't any. I have tried pulling down the notification bar and hitting clear notifications and when I go to Call Settings, the clear voicemail notification tab is blacked out and I can't push it.

I want to add that I just got this phone yesterday so I am still learning. The instruction manual was no help at all. I don't think I'm using visual voicemail or whatever it's called.

Please help and thanks in advance! For some reason I HATE having notification icons...lol

I wanted to add that I tried called into the voicemail and fixing it there but I didn't hear any option.

Advertisement
  2. memphis9489

memphis9489 Well-Known Member

I have EXACTLY the same problem. My phone is not new, however. I have the new update, however.

I don't get many "missed calls" because I keep my phone with me at all times. Seldom do they go to voicemail. But this this it did. I listened to the voicemail - deleted it - but the notification still remains.

I Googled this problem and it seems quite common.

One solution was to call yourself, leave a message, listen to it and delete it. That, supposedly, will clear out the notification. But that didn't work for me.

It appears to be a "bug."

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator