Voicemail notification won't go awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. Glade Ripper

Glade Ripper New Member This Topic's Starter

I use google voice and for some reason the last voicemail I got gave me a voicemail notification in my staus bar for the native voice app. When I try dialing *86 to make it go away it says the google voicemail user you are trying reach is unavailable. Therefor I cannot listen to the voicemail to make the icon disappear from my task bar.

I tried uninstalling google voice and dialing *86 after that but I get the same message and it still does not remove the icon in the status bar. I have listened to the message in google voice and also have reset my phone.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Pdbauer51

Pdbauer51 New Member

Had the same problem and what it is, is the voicemail is forwarding so when you call its like you are calling yourself right? Well I fixed it by turning forwarding by either *73 or *74 I can't remember sorry. But thats what happened to me because I as well use google voice. Once i did that everything was back to normal and google voice was fine again.

3. Glade Ripper

Yeah *72 activates call forwarding and *73 deactivates it according to the verizon web page it but it still doesn't work. I call *73 and *72 and it says call cannot be completed as dialed.

I am only using google voice for visual voicemail, not for any calls

4. Glade Ripper

Well I got it, thanks

5. franka645

franka645 New Member

Glade how did you end up getting rid of the notification? I'm having the same problem, somebody left me a voicemail just before I switched to google voice, and it's stuck notifying me under the other voicemail app...