Voicemail Notification won't go awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member

My phone: Verizon, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.04, not rooted.

When I get voicemail the little number appears on the Phone icon telling me that I have voicemail. So I dial *86, listen to my mail and delete it. If I dial *86 again it says I have no voicemail messages.

But the number still appears on the Phone icon!

This problem has been widely reported all over the web, including on these Android forums! But I haven't seen a working solution.

Some people report that if they call their phone and leave a voicemail message it fixes it. I tried that - it didn't work. Others report calling Verizon tech support, getting it escalated, talking to a level 2 tech who tried everything and still no solution! I've tried power cycling it, taking out the battery

I've seen this reported on devices from 3 different carriers so I don't think it's a Verizon problem.

Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

Go to developer options. Make sure do not keep activities is unchecked.
  3. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Sounds like the phone and the server are out of sync. Might go into the phone app and try clearing any caches out to see if that helps.

Lastly 4.1.1 is out for Verizon S3 so you should consider upgrading to that version. May be your phone is experiencing an older bug that was fixed in Jelly bean.
  4. Volcano Surfer

Volcano Surfer New Member

I long-pressed the home button, pressed the pie chart task manager button, made sure i was on Active applications, sure enough Voicemail was still active. I pressed End, and the notification wen't away.
  5. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Go into Settings>Application manager. Move over to All and then down to BadgeProvider. Now Clear data and Force stop and then reboot the phone. Good luck.
  6. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member