voicemail pending icon (resolved: disable fast boot + reboot)Support

1. flawless45

flawless45 Member

I have the voicemail pending icon in the top left of the phone and I cannot get this thing to disappear. I cleared any new voicemails, rebooted the phone, I can't figure out what to do. This happened on my OG but I would just reboot and all was good, any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

Can't say this will work for sure, but I would call your phone and leave another voicemail. See if deleting the new one will work for getting rid of the notification
  3. flawless45

flawless45 Member

I just had someone call and leave a message, it showed a second voice mail icon, I called to delete it and the old one is still there. My ocd is kicking hardcore on this now!
  4. omiller315

omiller315 Well-Known Member

I would try to disable Fast Boot(Settings-Power) and reboot or go into Apps-Running and stop/restart the voicemail service. Wondering if the reboot with Fast Boot enabled never cleared voicemail from Ram. Kinda grabbing straws and using my PC knowledge for things to try.
  5. gabext

gabext New Member

I think it might be a Sprint issue. Had the same thing pop up for me today for the first time and I tried all the usual fixes as I did with the OG Evo with no luck. Last time it wouldn't go away, Sprint said it was a known issue and they were working on it and it went away the next day after a reboot.
  6. flawless45

flawless45 Member

I disabled fast reboot, rebooted and it's gone! Thanks omiller315!
    SolApathy and marctronixx like this.
  7. MichaelDroid

MichaelDroid New Member

Getting rid of quick boot did it for me, as well. Thanks....
  8. punky182002

punky182002 Member

I had the same problem...restarted the phone and it went away. It keeps happening to me, but I just keep restarting the phone and it will disappear. I am having a problem with the phone not notifying me sometimes when I have a new voicemail..I just called my phone yesterday and had 6 new msgs! Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
  9. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

If you pull down the notification bar and long press the voice-mail notification, then "app info" will pop up. Choose that and you can force close voice-mail, usually gets rid of the notification for me, no rebooting
  10. ProjectLiquid

ProjectLiquid Well-Known Member

I was going to just post that exact same thing. Thats how ive always gotten rid of it.
  11. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I've been missing voicemails as well, no idea why. Sprint can't figure it out either. Only fix they proposed was to delete voicemail service on my device, then reapply to see if it corrects the issue. Only problem it completely deletes all voicemails completely. Anything saved on their servers disappears.