Voicemail upgrade won't download.

Last Updated:

1. tide

tide New Member This Topic's Starter

When I open voicemail, I get a screen that says welcome to voicemail and a box that says that an upgrade is available. The only option I'm given is to install the upgrade--there is no response when I press the back button or the menu button. When I press the install upgrade button, I get a screen that says the upgrade is downloading, but the download never completes, even after several hours. If I try to cancel the download, the phone indicates that it is performing the cancellation, but the action never completes. The only way to stop it is to power off the phone and restart it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

tide

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Try connecting to both WiFi & Mobile Networking individually and try the upgrade on each. I personally can't remember which I was on when I did the upgrade. Just a suggestion.

3. pdxsurreal

pdxsurreal New Member

I had the same problem. The thing that worked for me was to change the security settings to allow installation of applications from sources other than the Market: Settings > Applications > Unknown Sources (check this box).

Reboot, and go into your voicemail again. Tap the upgrade button, and the software will download and ask you if you want to overwrite the existing voicemail app.

Seems to me there should be some sort of notification box, similar to the one that shows up when I installed Evernote from their site.

Hope that helps!

4. tide

tide New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks pdxsurreal. That worked like a charm.

tide