• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

voicemail?

klconrad

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
okay, i just switched from an iphone to the aria and i can't for the life of me figure out the voicemail. the girl at the store said to just dial one and follow the prompts, so i did. it tells me to either enter the phone number of the person i'm trying to call, or to press pound if i have a mailbox on the system. i figure i have a mailbox on the system so i press pound and it tells me there's a mailbox number specified by my system manager. i don't get it.

okay, i just switched from an iphone to the aria and i can't for the life of me figure out the voicemail. the girl at the store said to just dial one and follow the prompts, so i did. it tells me to either enter the phone number of the person i'm trying to call, or to press pound if i have a mailbox on the system. i figure i have a mailbox on the system so i press pound and it tells me there's a mailbox number specified by my system manager. i don't get it.

Has anyone called you to leave a message yet? I didn't set anything up but got a call and it was all "just there". Got an alert, hit it, it dialed voicemail, and that was that. Then again, I already had voicemail set up on this number, but not on this phone or simcard.

Upvote 0
Sorry for bringing back an older thread to life... I've had AT&T for years and I am used to dialing "1" to access my VM. When I upgraded to my Aria, I was told that this procedure has not changed. Well, I try dialing "1" and I get the error message: "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." I contacted AT&T CS and the rep verified that my VM settings is forwarding to the correct number. AT&T could not figure out the problem. I can access my VM calling the number directly or clicking on the VM alert, which I am fine with and is just as easy to me as using speed dial. I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. On a related note... When I was assigning telephone numbers to speed dial the other day, "2" is the first number available, so I am assuming that "1" is for VM although dialing "1" is not working on my phone.

Upvote 0

It means you should either call customer care to get your voicemail reset because it wasn't auto provisioned properly by the system, or just bring it by a store and one of us reps can help you and make sure it works before you leave the store. Only takes a few minutes as long as there isn't a line ;)

- Justin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones