voicemail?

Last Updated:

1. klconrad

klconrad New Member This Topic's Starter

okay, i just switched from an iphone to the aria and i can't for the life of me figure out the voicemail. the girl at the store said to just dial one and follow the prompts, so i did. it tells me to either enter the phone number of the person i'm trying to call, or to press pound if i have a mailbox on the system. i figure i have a mailbox on the system so i press pound and it tells me there's a mailbox number specified by my system manager. i don't get it.

Advertisement
  2. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Has anyone called you to leave a message yet? I didn't set anything up but got a call and it was all "just there". Got an alert, hit it, it dialed voicemail, and that was that. Then again, I already had voicemail set up on this number, but not on this phone or simcard.

3. SteveAbraham80

SteveAbraham80 Member

Depending on what phone you came from, you'll need to call AT&T support. Your account is probably forwarding to an incorrect number. They have to reset the forwarding and you'll be able to set up your voicemail when that is complete.

It'll take about 5 minutes on the phone to get it corrected.

4. bigmike75

bigmike75 Member

Yeah, the same thing happened to me, except I was switching from a Bold to the Aria. I called AT&T and they confirmed that the vm forwarding settings were incorrect. They fixed it w/o any issues.

5. ARK779

ARK779 New Member

Sorry for bringing back an older thread to life... I've had AT&T for years and I am used to dialing "1" to access my VM. When I upgraded to my Aria, I was told that this procedure has not changed. Well, I try dialing "1" and I get the error message: "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." I contacted AT&T CS and the rep verified that my VM settings is forwarding to the correct number. AT&T could not figure out the problem. I can access my VM calling the number directly or clicking on the VM alert, which I am fine with and is just as easy to me as using speed dial. I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. On a related note... When I was assigning telephone numbers to speed dial the other day, "2" is the first number available, so I am assuming that "1" is for VM although dialing "1" is not working on my phone.

6. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

you don't dial "1" you press and hold "1" down and it will dial voice mail...."Connection problem or invalid MMI code." is what happens when you dial "1" and press call.... just hold down "1" for about a second and your fine....At&t should have known that...sheesh...hope that helps

ARK779 likes this.
  7. ARK779

ARK779 New Member

Thank you Mythic! Both the AT&T sales rep and CS rep told me to dial "1", not hold down "1." LOL

8. thejdubb02

thejdubb02 Well-Known Member

It means you should either call customer care to get your voicemail reset because it wasn't auto provisioned properly by the system, or just bring it by a store and one of us reps can help you and make sure it works before you leave the store. Only takes a few minutes as long as there isn't a line ;)

- Justin

9. dh4645

dh4645 Well-Known Member

idiots.

yeah, it's speed dial, so you press and hold the 1.....not press 1 and hit call.