• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemails in Music app, Downloaded web site graphics in "Gallery" :(

endo

Oct 30, 2009
Is there a means of specifying certain folders to contain music, photographs, and videos, such that applications such as "Gallery" and "Music" will restrict their search to those folders?

I have downloaded voicemails (as mp3 files) and graphics from saved web pages stored on the sdcard. These files are causing a great annoyance when I want to browse pictures, movies, or music.

I would love to be able to either restrict these apps to searching specific folders, e.g., "Videos", "Music", and "Photos", or to specify certain folders which should NOT be searched for media content. So far I can't find anything in the system settings, nor in the settings for the applications themselves.

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones