VoIP CallingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pingram3541

pingram3541 Member This Topic's Starter

I have done a bit of searching from both the market and the interwebs and so far cannot find a solution for using my VoIP service through my ERIS.

1. I have an office Polycom 550HD which is great when I'm in the office but I want to use this service when I'm out of the office.
    2. My service supports X-Lite VoIP Softphone but there isn't a version for Android market, only pc and mac. :(
    3. I could use my laptop while in the field and I thought it would be cool to use my bluetooth or wifi ability of my ERIS as a wireless headset for the laptop but could only find an app for the symbian phones to do this. I am pretty surprised an app for "phone as pc headset via wifi or bt" hasn't been written.
    4. I have heard of sipdroid but don't know how or if it is even possible to integrate it with my sip provider which uses a custom asterisk build. :confused:

Any of you found anything that works?

Advertisement
  2. doo567

doo567 Active Member

We use asterisk at our company and I was able to setup sipdroid in a few minutes. I was able to send/receive calls over wifi and 3G. Worked and sounded fine. Probably a battery hog which the Eris has enough problems with battery.

3. pingram3541

pingram3541 Member This Topic's Starter

I tried using sipdroid with my provider which requires the MAC address so I was only able to test using the WiFi. Not sure how to get the 3G MAC. Anyways, it seems there are still some issues because I could answer an incoming call but it would immediately hang up. Placing an outbound call worked but had initial delays before voice was audibly present and the volume was very low and full of static. My provider asked about options that were not present so it seems pretty limited on what this app allows you to do.

4. huntsvegas

huntsvegas Active Member

Anyone have know of an App that allows for calling over Wi-Fi...I used to have this functionality with T-Mobile...Sure saves on minutes

5. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I just installed SIPdroid and got it working with my Vonage Softphone account. It has a setting to allow for WiFi or 3G.

6. pacifichik24

pacifichik24 New Member

I have google voice and gv callback installed on me and my husbands phones (samsung captivate) but i'm having a really hard time trying to figure out how to program sipdroid. Can you please help? I really appreciate it.

Desirea