VOIP choices...

Last Updated:

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering what the choices are for Voip now that Skype is gone. I usually use my computer for Skype but I am in Argentina and forgot the dam thing. So I only have my phone and am trying to make a call. When I try to dial out on fring it says It needs a cellular connection....no can do down here. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I need something I can call a phone number on...not something that requires the other party to be logged In...although I will consider those options as well.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Try google voice. works great!

3. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Google voice is not available outside of the US and requires a cellular connection when used on a phone.

4. gezzuzz

gezzuzz Well-Known Member

googel voice is not voip

5. woot4fun

woot4fun New Member

I am having lots of trouble with VOIP on my EVO. The only application I am having any luck with is 3CXPhone. I am using it with my Gizmo5 number and it seems to work ok over both 3G and WiFi (I don't have 4G to test).

Fring crashes when it attempts to dial out, but calls do seem to come in ok.
    SIPDroid works until the screen blanks then the audio becomes unintelligible.

Anyone else having luck with something?

6. Wifi-Naught Odin

Wifi-Naught Odin Well-Known Member

I use Nimbuzz. Works like a champ!

Nimbuzz - free calls & IM ! | AndroidApplications.com

Nimbuzz can make free nimbuzz to nimbuzz (skype-like) voip voice calls from handheld to handheld (even Evo / Androids to iphones, ipod touches (iTouch with microphone) etc...)

or Handheld to pc's, or vice-versa.

*requires nimbuzz software on any involved device.

handheld
    Nimbuzz - Download: Mobile PC

pc/mac
    Nimbuzz for PC ? Chat / IM, online calling via VoIP and share files with your online buddies

OR CALL ANY PHONE with nimbuzz (for 2 cents a minute).
    NimbuzzOut | Cheap international mobile calls to mobiles & landlines worldwide

I haven't had to use my 2 cents a minute yet, because I haven't had a contact yet that wouldn't just install the free software.