VoIP with fring and samsung momentSupport

Last Updated:

1. pho

pho Member This Topic's Starter

So far the moment mutes all sound when trying to make calls from fring through gtalk and skype. I downloaded an app to unmute the master sound after the call, but then fring stops working. Anyone gotten fring to work well for their moments? VoIP would be awesome if it worked.

Advertisement
  2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I honestly do not know. But I am thinking with the proliferation of Android phones that Skype will get something working on the Android platform soon.

3. pho

pho Member This Topic's Starter

Nobody has tried fring really?.. its free voip calls to any of your friends who use gmail, google talk or skype.....even works on sprint 3G...if you've got a good cell conection you don't ever have to use your minutes!....of course if it works right

4. domovoj

domovoj Member

first time I installed Fring on Moment microfon did not work. After reinstall microfon works but speaker does not. Weird:). Might need to reinstall few more times ;)
    Worked fine on HTC Hero.

5. pctech101

pctech101 New Member

has anyone come up with a solution to unmute the microphone on the Samsung Moment?

If yes, please provide needed information to get fring up and running with Skype...

6. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

this would be awesome. i have found the same problem using nimbuzz.

7. flyjbaker

Yet the iPhone has a Skype app that works flawlessly.

8. NOMster

not so. my friend cannot use his over 3g without turning on a jailbreak app and even then sometimes it doesnt work right.

9. flyjbaker

Why would you want to use it over 3G. The only reason I would use it would be in another country over wifi....

10. NOMster

if you were on att, you would want to use it to save minutes when talking to your friends on verizon who use skype free.

11. flyjbaker

Alright...not what I would normally use Skype for but I understand. I am outta the country regularly and I would use it over wifi so I can keep in touch with things back home. It would be awfully nice to be able to do this over this phone(and like the iPhone) instead of having to fire up the laptop....no biggee...just a little more convenient. Hopefully, Skype will get something going on Android soon....they can't ignore it much longer.