Vold Fstab Star b92: Help Needed

Last Updated:

1. thedreadzone

thedreadzone New Member

I changed the title, formally it was just "need help"
    Hi Guys, After much searching for a solution I have finally gave up and joined for help. Like the fool that I am i tried to put a modified vold.fstab on my B92 ICS 4.0.4 to swap external and internal SDs. I overwrote the original file I put it on and it didnt work. (don't even ask why, I just started fiddling with it and thought I knew better) so now i have a phone which cannot recognise or connect the external SD card or to the computer so I cannot download anything from the computer to the phone, I cannot even do a hard reset. What I think I need is the code to an original B92 ICS 4.0.4 but I'm not really sure, any other help would be greatly appreciated. The phone still works but everything needs access to the SD card so it cannot really do much. Thanks for your help before hand, if anything can be done.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello thedreadzone. Welcome to Android Forums. :)

I noticed you posted that same issue over in XDA (85th post or so in the thread you chose). So I looked around the thread, not being an expert on those issues you report, and found more discussion about it all earlier on in the thread.

I'm hoping that somebody here may post something of use to you right away, but maybe you should have a re-read of that XDA thread for info.. meanwhile I'll search around to see if I can find something for you.
  3. thedreadzone

thedreadzone New Member

Hi there Frisco. I appreciate it very much that you have replied, to be honest at the moment I am a bit frazzled with looking for solutions as search terms using vold.fstab B92 ICS seem very limited. There are plenty returns using vold.fstab, but then I get confused wondering if the same code can be used for the B92, I have found a couple of returns for generic chinese vold.stab codes but I don't even know if they can be used in my phone or if they could would it work, I have wrote a couple of different codes into the vold.fstab file to no avail, and I don't even know if that is what I should be doing. Thank you for taking the time to look around, that is very kind, :) I just hope someone can come to my rescue soon.