vold.fstabSupport

1. Khazul

Khazul Member

I've completely screwed up my phone by trying to swap the internal and external SD card, by using "sd swap". Quite honestly I confused the exhibit with exhilerate. Because of this I can't even use droid explorer because Busybox requires the internal sdcard to install, and therefore doesn't recognize that it is installed.
    Would it be possible for someone to give me a copy of the original vold.fstab or a text file of what it is supposed to look like so that I can fix my phone?

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome to Android Forums.

Sorry to hear about your situation - hopefully someone will chime in to assist you.

Best of luck.
  3. Khazul

Khazul Member

I hope so, I've also just realized that I can't push files onto my phone because it's read only, I'd also need to know if there is a way for me to change that?
    edit - I have been able to make it write able but now it keeps telling me that permissions are denied obviously i can't circumvent this problem by using the sd card as my phone doesn't see the sd card.
    edit2 - I've figured out how to edit the file directly on the phone so if anyone in the world has an i577 exhilarate, I would just need the text file so that I can copy everything by hand, and fix the phone.
    P.S. If you have the same problem as me in getting into the file just use es file explorer. It also creates backups automatically.
  4. Khazul

Khazul Member

I think I may have found a backup of what looks like as if it could be the original file but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to use the backup instead of the broken fsbat. As the broken fsbat is appears to be read only. That is, it is read only even though i've mounted as r/w. Backup didn't work so still looking for the original. I might have accidentally changed something in the backup, don't know what though. So definately need the original.
  5. Khazul

Khazul Member

6. Khazul

Khazul Member

7. Khazul

Khazul Member

8. danwp

danwp New Member

Did you get your file (vold.fstab)?