1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

voLTE and Wi-Fi calling.Tips

Last Updated:

1. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

I don't understand the voLTE feature and why it's only sometimes available. It's pretty much whenever I'm on Wi-Fi which I don't get if it's LTE.

I also have issues with Wi-Fi calling. Whether I have it set off or set to cellular preferred, it still connects to the voice network over Wi-Fi. I have some issues with the Wi-Fi calls and end up having to redial a call and I have a tower a block away meaning great service so I don't need Wi-Fi calling at home. Does anyone know how I can ensure the Wi-Fi calling won't turn on when I connect to Wi-Fi?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

VoLTE is very similar to the Voice over IP (VOIP) type calling you use when you make calls over WiFi, VoLTE is supposed to provided better call quality than standard VOIP calls and use less power. I have never seen the VoLTE message except when making calls wirelessly and 4G LTE is available.
  3. phillyundead

I get it on both Wi-Fi and mobile data.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I wish I did. Everybody says I sound like mickey mouse when using WiFi calling. Maybe the KiKat update will help.
  5. phillyundead

Kitkat ruined my note. And it won't let my load jellybean back on. Thank god for jump.