Volte news!

Last Updated:

1. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Metro is working toward Volte advancement as well
    MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless

Flat-rate player MetroPCS (NYSE:pCS) said it will take four to six months before it launches Voice over LTE service in all 14 of its LTE markets as it works through the technical challenges of deploying VoLTE technology.

MetroPCS launched VoLTE service first in the Dallas-Ft. Worth market, and the carrier wants to use VoLTE as a way to refarm the spectrum it uses for CMDA service for LTE. Mavenir, Acme Packet, Amdocs, Genband, Hewlett-Packard and Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) have been among the vendors MetroPCS has worked with to deploy VoLTE.

"There are a number of changes that need to be made in base station optimization in Dallas," CEO Roger Linquist said at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference. "This is not your grandfather's Buick. This is a different animal." He said the transition to VoLTE is obviously possible but does take time, and that VoLTE customers in Dallas were experiencing better call quality than on CDMA.

Read more: MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless MetroPCS: We'll launch VoLTE in all LTE markets in 4-6 months - FierceWireless
    Subscribe: Wireless News, Wireless Newsletter - FierceWireless

2. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

voLTE coming this spring..cool.
  3. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yeah also all phones that are not VoLTE now will upgradable kind of like an ota thing that's nice that means our s3 will be upgraded to volte
  4. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Metro is on a roll! I'm glad I stuck with the underdog.
  5. Speeds03

Speeds03 Well-Known Member

Lets hope they keep their promises.
  6. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

So far they have this year last year it was full of false promises this year they have turn things around :D
  7. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

I hope they really include the esteem as it supposedly is one of their LTE handset
  8. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Yes don't know if you remember but the esteem was suppose to be volte ready so yeah I will say the esteem will receive an ota update to volte
  9. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

I remember , because they tested with the revolution but I really hope they do it with every single VoLTE capable phone. I'm saying this because sometimes they have tendency of ignoring some dev support.
  10. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

11. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

12. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member