1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

voltron oc rom on boost mobile zte warp

1. justin4236

justin4236 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    aaanadie, xman95 and smartmanvartan like this.
  2. justin4236

the wifi tethering and hotspot work perfectly to :)
  3. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

Are you sure that you are not experiencing any issues with MMS(picture messaging)?
  4. justin4236

No not yet, i will post any bugs or issues if i come across any.
  5. justin4236

Why would i have a problem with mms? Probably a noob question lol im not to good with this stuff
  6. Bone334

Bone334 Well-Known Member

I wonder if an FM transmitter app would work on a PM ROM?
  7. smartmanvartan

Why? it doesn't work on the boost roms?.... Never tried it...
  8. theminor19

theminor19 Well-Known Member

so is this safe to flash?
  9. theminor19

Well im guessing that he would ask that because the wif hotspot menu didnt work on boost either but with a flash of this rom justin says it works, so i am going to blindly flash this to test the things out
  10. xman95

xman95 Well-Known Member

Are we flashing the Kernel or ROM, or maybe both?
  11. smartmanvartan

Both...it's the whole package... but MMS was an issue when installing a boost mobile Rom on the public mobile phones so I would assume the same the other way around...
    xman95 likes this.
  12. theminor19

yes to tether working fully, no to mms. but i think i can live without mms if it means i can have the tether menu open and working
  13. smartmanvartan

I'm already working on getting this ROM ported over to your side with uknow and once we got the right configuration I'll let you know ...
  14. justin4236

Yeah after testing that out the mms does not work, but i can live without it
  15. smartmanvartan

one more things you guys should look out for is wifi connection issues... You may not have them because you are using the kernel and rom but when you use the kernel tweaked for public with the rom from boost, you winde up with issues of the sort...

Oh and thanks for testing guys... this is a great help to have.. :)
  16. justin4236

I was not able to connect to wifi at all the first time i flashed, but i wiped cache and dalvik, and did factory reset then flashed again. It worked fine after that.
    smartmanvartan likes this.
  17. smartmanvartan

This ROM is very light at the core. If you do a factory reset, you winde up loosing a lot of the included apps... you should reinstall the rom now that you reset it to regain the apps you lost in the process. Reinstalling the rom will not wipe data so you won't have wifi issues the second time around... I'm gonna release a "factory reset" flashable zip for those times when a factory data reset is necessary along side of the next beta which also will have the 1.8 ghz kernel instead of the 1.7...
  18. theminor19

I might live with issue of no mms cause we cant tether right with our current setup except for ad-hoc
  19. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

I doubt it. This feature has to be supported by the hardware, and I believe ours does not.
  20. smartmanvartan

I have a Little bit of time to test out a mms fix for the Volron Rom on Boost today... Is anyone still running the Voltron Rom here?
  21. 2010goosecoop

2010goosecoop New Member

two things that work on this one and no other. infrastructure tether and flashlight. this has been my daily rom for 3 days. and its smooth and fast. i check everyday for updates. i cant use chrome or stock browser. only firefox and easy works so far.
  22. 2010goosecoop

2010goosecoop New Member

i also tried b07, worked..no infrastructure tether. would like to get this kernal alone. im no programmer but i do pull things from everywhere and build what i want
  23. smartmanvartan

Well the b07 has the full tether menu it's just locked... if you wanna do your own thing and unlock it go to the system/etc/custom_config/app/secure-conf.xml in the zip before installing it and edit the 0 value next to tether support to a 1 and then install the Rom...Just be sure to do a factory reset before... if you wanna help me out, the only thing that doesn't work on boost is the mms messages and I've been trying make it work on boost... might work might not but it won't brick your phone:p

http://db.tt/Yo6qjw0S

Also I updated to beta 4 last night with a new kernel and new kernel choices...if you wanna check the Rom thread :)
  24. Mathis436

Mathis436 Active Member

Has anybody tried to add this into any already existing boost only roms?
  25. smartmanvartan

you mean the unlock of the tether menu? yes its been done by almost all the devs however the wifi hotspot option does not work and it diplays an error... this is something that was fixed between the b08c from boost and the b07 for public...