• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Volume Boost Help HTC Evo V

Hello Users,

Does anyone know how to boost the volume Speeker on the Evo V Ive tried to but couldn`t. Ive used apps & nothing works. The one app Speaker Boost worked when I had the LG Optimus V & Elite but not for the Evo. I have the volume all the way up & it to low for me can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hello Users,

Does anyone know how to boost the volume Speeker on the Evo V Ive tried to but couldn`t. Ive used apps & nothing works. The one app Speaker Boost worked when I had the LG Optimus V & Elite but not for the Evo. I have the volume all the way up & it to low for me can anyone help?

Thanks.

use mobster hd rom... he has some seriously huge audio mods and now my music/apps/youtube are real loud...

Upvote 0
My Evo just had a bad speaker. I spent months on speakerphone before I finally called VM for a phone replacement.

The speakers, like the camera, are decent, but not great.
You may even try what I do for my music, and that is run it through a free program for my pc called "Audacity". It let's you manipulate music including volume increase & decrease. I also use it to make my ring tones, which I change every few days.

Upvote 0
The apps like Volume+ don't really work as well as you think they do, if at all even. I think I've seen a beats mod for the Evo V somewhere when I was looking for mods and roms. I have something for my Nexus 7 called xLouder I think it is. It definitely works, but I haven't looked to see if they have something similar for the Evo.

xLoud doesn't do anything on this phone.

Upvote 0
The apps like Volume+ don't really work as well as you think they do, if at all even. I think I've seen a beats mod for the Evo V somewhere when I was looking for mods and roms. I have something for my Nexus 7 called xLouder I think it is. It definitely works, but I haven't looked to see if they have something similar for the Evo.

Volume+ may not work on your phone, but on mine it made a significant difference in all my volumes, including system (ringtones, alarms, etc). Thing is I found out long ago is that after you set it, you exit out using the home button instead of backing out. Also, when you use it with PowerAMP, there's a procedure to do with it exclusively. And like I said, the only reason I got rid of it was because Beats really makes the music cleaner, louder & sweeter than Volume+. Plus, with music enhancements, it's best to get rid of all other ones when you have Beats, to prevent conflicts.
But again, this is a personal experience and not all phones will respond the same. Your milage may vary.

Upvote 0
use mobster hd rom... he has some seriously huge audio mods and now my music/apps/youtube are real loud...

I wish those tweaks applied to all audio, not just the built in player.

I stream Pandora and Rhapsody more than anything...if I wanted something to spice up that audio, what would I do?

Also, what about alarms, and general sounds?

Upvote 0
I wish those tweaks applied to all audio, not just the built in player.

I stream Pandora and Rhapsody more than anything...if I wanted something to spice up that audio, what would I do?

Also, what about alarms, and general sounds?

yeah, his last update makes all volumes louder... music/videos/youtube... dont know about ui sounds or ringtones...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones