• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help volume button went out

crimton

Android Expert
Apr 1, 2010
TN
the volume button won't turn the volume up but you can turn it down. i took it to verizon and they ordered another one, should be here wednesday so thats good. anyone else have this problem? they said at the store that this is the first they've seen with the volume button. i think it may be due to the verizon silicone case and the how the volume button is covered, maybe we've been mashing down on it too hard? either way its getting replaced so i'm happy. on another note on that same phone friendstream won't load, it keeps force closing everytime you try to open it. anyone had this problem?

My volume buttons are fine, however I can definitely see the silicone case causing some type of problem. I have the case and sometimes it keeps the volume buttons down, so when I try to unlock/lock the phone, the screen goes dim but doesn't turn off or the screen becomes unresponsive when it lights up. I pull the silicone case away from the volume rocker and then everything goes back to normal. I'm thinking about cutting out the part over the rockers

Upvote 0
My volume buttons are fine, however I can definitely see the silicone case causing some type of problem. I have the case and sometimes it keeps the volume buttons down, so when I try to unlock/lock the phone, the screen goes dim but doesn't turn off or the screen becomes unresponsive when it lights up. I pull the silicone case away from the volume rocker and then everything goes back to normal. I'm thinking about cutting out the part over the rockers

i'm either gonna do that or just get a new case. but i'm probably gonna take an exacto knife to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones