volume control changes vibrate modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. walterbee

walterbee New Member This Topic's Starter

hi, the one problem i've not been able to resolve is when i take phone out of my pocket, i often hit the volume control button, which takes the phone out of vibrate mode and turns on the ringer. has anyone found an override or another fix for this? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. alchemist585

alchemist585 New Member

We conducted an experiment using several phones including the incredible and iPhone using the same ring tone ("old Phone"), and the incredible came last in terms of loudness (db) and sound quality; the sound was muffled and somehow distorted. In this experiment, the phones were bare (no cases or shells) and were tested at two different volume settings (half and full blast). The individuals who judged the sound are 24 and 28 yrs of age and have no hearing problem.
    HTC has an issue with sound volume and quality and they should recognize it and work on it. There should also be an option to lock the sound volume setting so that it cannot be changed accidentally.

3. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and accidentally fixed it with the Verizon hard silicone case. I modded the case and cut out the spot where the volume buttons are. Now the actual volume buttons are lower than the case itself and much harder to press accidentally.

I know my way involves spending money but this is the only fix I found.

HTC definitely should not have made those buttons so easy to press.

4. dgwood12

dgwood12 Well-Known Member