• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume control in Google Navigation?

my2sense

Apr 18, 2010
I can't seem to find the volume control for Google Navigation. It seems that I can only have either mute or full volume which doesn't help if I playing music in the background. Am I missing something or is there no way to adjust the volume in Navigation? Thanks.

The volume control slider is not very useful since it controls the volume for everything and almost impossible/unsafe to get to while I'm driving.

I'm use XiiaLive and it has it's own volume control which is independent of the master volume control switch. This allows me to change the music volume without affecting other applications.

Navigation's volume seems to be a lot louder than other apps and I'm forced to reduce the car stereo's volume each time it comes on. Oh well, it doesn't sound like Navigation has this feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones