Volume control

Last Updated:

1. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a quick way to adjust the media volume without having to launch a media app? The rocker defaults to ringer, but since I like to use the voice search button a lot it is extremely irritating when the connection error bong or success bong blasts so loud. seems like those should be tied in with the ringer vol/vib control not media volume....

I looked for a volume control app or widget to go with the buzzlock and ring profile icons i have unnecssisarily taking up space, but i couldnt find one that looked like it fit the bill and worked on droid.

Advertisement
  2. DjSmooth

DjSmooth Well-Known Member

There is a Widget called "AudioManager' that sorta looks like an EQ and it controls:

Alarm
    Music
    Alerts
    Ringer
    System
    Voicecall

3. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

Ironically there's an app called "volume control" which is the same as your threat title that will do exactly what you're looking for. I just got it and love it. Simple, fast, and free :)

4. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

Thanks for this thread.
    Looks like there are 2 or 3 apps named Volume Control. I like the one with a ladybug icon. It automatically switches the ringer volume back to your setting, so my accidental presses of the volume rocker don't change the ringer.

5. SJW

SJW Member

Only problem with this app is that when it's installed, you are unable to mute your phone. If you turn the sounds off from the lock screen and wait about a second, the sounds turn back on again (you can see from the status bar at the top of the screen). This wouldn't be very useful if you were in a meeting or theater!

6. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah none of those look like they work properly on the droid. Typical.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

True. I'd like to see Audio manager updated for the DROID / A2. That would rock.