• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ih8apple

Oct 1, 2012
So I got a new car, that has Bluetooth audio. Recently,I was on a long car trip, rocking along, and the volume went down significantly. I had a notification saying that "listening to media at high volume can damage your hearing, we are adjusting the volume."

Now, even if I have both the phone volume and car volume at max, it is just nowhere near loud enough.

I have a Motorola razr m if it matters.

In settings, media volume is still listed at full volume...

Do I need a volume booster app? Which one?

My car also has bluetooth settings with it and at volume 8 it can get louder as i am driving. and can get lower as i am slowing down. it is a possibility that it is inside the settings of the bluetooth in your car to protect your hearing.

I doubt it. It lets me play music from cd, radio,xm, and ipod through the auxiliary jack much louder. Even when I plug the phone in through the aux jack, it is much lower.

I am going to try a volume booster.

Upvote 0
So I got a new car, that has Bluetooth audio. Recently,I was on a long car trip, rocking along, and the volume went down significantly. I had a notification saying that "listening to media at high volume can damage your hearing, we are adjusting the volume."

Now, even if I have both the phone volume and car volume at max, it is just nowhere near loud enough.

I have a Motorola razr m if it matters.

In settings, media volume is still listed at full volume...

Do I need a volume booster app? Which one?

There is a volume limiting app that come with the RAZR M (Acoustic Warning). There might be a way to disable it by looking for that app or in settings. I disabled it using Titanium Backup (requires root).

Since you're playing music through Bluetooth the phone is assuming you're using headphones/headset and is limiting the volume to protect your ears.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones