Volume issue...General

Last Updated:

1. Ih8apple

Ih8apple Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I got a new car, that has Bluetooth audio. Recently,I was on a long car trip, rocking along, and the volume went down significantly. I had a notification saying that "listening to media at high volume can damage your hearing, we are adjusting the volume."

Now, even if I have both the phone volume and car volume at max, it is just nowhere near loud enough.

I have a Motorola razr m if it matters.

In settings, media volume is still listed at full volume...

Do I need a volume booster app? Which one?

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

hi i think theres a setting somewhere to override that max volume (try in you music app settings maybe?)

im gonna move you over to the razr m forums and hopefully you can get better help over there :)

3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

have you checked to make sure its not in the bluetooth settings of the car?

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

My car also has bluetooth settings with it and at volume 8 it can get louder as i am driving. and can get lower as i am slowing down. it is a possibility that it is inside the settings of the bluetooth in your car to protect your hearing.

5. Ih8apple

Ih8apple Active Member This Topic's Starter

I doubt it. It lets me play music from cd, radio,xm, and ipod through the auxiliary jack much louder. Even when I plug the phone in through the aux jack, it is much lower.

I am going to try a volume booster.

6. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

There is a volume limiting app that come with the RAZR M (Acoustic Warning). There might be a way to disable it by looking for that app or in settings. I disabled it using Titanium Backup (requires root).

Since you're playing music through Bluetooth the phone is assuming you're using headphones/headset and is limiting the volume to protect your ears.